How to Delegate Effectively
Effective delegation is one of the most valuable skills you can master. It reduces your workload, while developing employee skills, and preparing them for advancement.
This course will explore the delegation process, and give you the skills you need to start delegating effectively.
Available!Return to Store
Effective delegation is one of the most valuable skills you can master. It reduces your workload and develops employee skills. Delegating prepares employees who work for you to be able to handle your responsibilities, and simultaneously allows you to advance to other career opportunities within your organisation.
Delegation is often one of the hardest skills for a manager to master. However, the skill can be learned. This course will explore many of the facets of delegation, including when to delegate, and who to delegate to. We will also go through the delegation process step by step, and learn about techniques to overcome problems.
- Why delegate?
- What is delegation?
- Picking the right person
- The delegation meeting
- Giving instructions
- Monitoring delegation
- Practicing delegation
- Giving feedback
- Becoming a good delegator
- How delegation fits into your job and how it can make you more successful
- Different ways of delegating tasks
- How to use an eight-step process for effective delegation
- How to give better instructions for better delegation results
- Common delegation pitfalls and how to avoid them
- Ways to monitor delegation results
- Techniques for giving effective feedback