The Key Skills for Success in Today’s Workplace
This course will enable you to identify the key skills that are critical for a positive impact on your career. Being able to identify these skills is going to allow you to see which ones you possess, which ones you should develop, and how they help in the workplace.
Available!Return to Store
There have been a number of studies that identify the key skills that workers need to be successful. Various studies call them different things – critical employability skills, soft skills, or transferrable skills. Regardless of the name these skills are critical for workplace success.
Eight of the most commonly identified skills are: Being a Productive Team Member, Flexibility, Problem Solving, Resourcefulness, Giving and Receiving Feedback, Self-Confidence, Creative Thinking, and Emotional Intelligence.
Many of us possess one or more of these attributes already and perhaps all of them. Luckily these skills can be improved upon through training. This course looks to take you from where you are now to a new level of understanding for the key skills that will help to make you successful at work.
- Being a Team Player
- Problem Solving
- Creative Thinking
- Emotional Intelligence
- Know your own team member roles and responsibilities.
- Understand ways to be an effective team member.
- Know how it feels to experience change and know your level of change tolerance.
- Understand ways to be flexible in times of change.
- Know what a problem is and ways to approach problem solving.
- Recognise the self-fulfilling prophecy and its relevance to their work.
- Appreciate the variety of behaviours that characterise resourcefulness in the workplace.
- Identify tips to giving and receiving feedback.
- Realise the uses of feedback to increase your strength as a leader in the workplace.