Navigating Workplace Politics with EI
Navigating Workplace Politics with EI will allow you to use Social and Emotional Competencies to lessen the impact of workplace politics in your career
Available!Return to Store
Having completed this course you will have developed the skills that will allow you to cope with workplace politics which crop up in every workplace where there is more than one person. You will learn exactly what workplace politics are and then delve into learning lessons from social and emotional intelligence.
The course takes you along through a look at self-awareness, self-management and into social awareness. Your learning journey continues with consideration of good relationship skills, responsible decision making and wraps up with a chance for you to create your own workplace philosophy.
- What is Workplace Politics?
- Lessons from Social and Emotional Intelligence
- Social Awareness
- Good Relationship Skills
- Responsible Decision Making
- Creating Your Workplace Philosophy
- Understand what Workplace Politics is and why it is not always bad
- Distinguish between formal and informal workplace hierarchies
- Use practical steps to negate the influence of rumours
- Define Social and Emotional Intelligence and understand their importance in navigating workplace politics
- Understand the importance of Self-Awareness in dealing with workplace politics and think about your own strengths and abilities
- Understand the role of Self-Management in the workplace and learn to improve self-management through reflection
- Understand the roles of Empathy, Organisational and Service Awareness in the workplace and social awareness skill development
- Identify good relationship skills
- See the importance of responsible decision making and identify decision traps that should be avoided
- Create your own Workplace Philosophy Statement