Running Effective Meetings
In this course, you will learn how to prepare for meetings, develop agendas, lead a meeting, differentiate between process and content, use facilitation skills in a meeting, and manage difficult participants.
Available!Return to Store
Meetings come in all shapes and sizes, from the convention to a quick huddle in an office hallway. This course con looks at small working meetings; with groups that have a job to do requiring the energy, commitment, and talents of those who participate.
Members of such a group want to get some kind of result out of their time together: solving problems, brainstorming, or simply sharing information. At its best, such a group knows what it is about, and knows and utilises the strengths of individual members.
- The basics for effective meetings
- The best and worst of meetings
- Holding productive meetings
- Preparing for meetings
- Setting the place
- Leading a meeting
- Process and content
- How to control a meeting
- A plan for success
- Understand the value of meetings as a management tool
- Recognise the critical planning step that makes meeting time more effective
- Identify process tools that can help create an open and safe forum for discussion
- Develop and practice techniques for handling counterproductive behaviours